The Farm Fresh Food Guide is here!
Click on the buttons below for each guide! We’ve got everything covered.
Did we miss something? Let us know!
A list of local farmers markets where you can shop for locally grown produce.
Get your local produce straight from the farm.
Local community-supported agriculture, food cooperatives, and grocers carrying local produce.
• Tips for buying local produce •
- Bring a reusable bag and/or container when shopping.
- Walk around and check out the various farms produce and prices before you buy at a market.
- Wash all produce before eating.
- Buy what’s in season and store what you can’t eat- freeze, can or dry for later.
- Ask questions. Who knows better how to prepare a food, than the farmer who grew it?
- Bring cash and small bills.
- Be surprised! Shopping with a list is great, but try something new as well.
- Get there early: For berry picking, pick during the early hours of the day. It is cooler for you and the berries meaning less stress on both. For a farmer’s market, get there when it opens for the best selection.
- Respect the farm- The farm is a business and a home.
- Be prepared! If going berry picking, bring water to drink, bug spray, sunscreen, and a hat to protect you from the heat and sun.