If you’re not careful, Valentine’s Day will sneak up on you.
See, Huntsville’s a last-minute town. Just like we like up close parking 5 minutes before the show starts, we also like to walk into a restaurant on Valentine’s night and expect a table with no wait. Though both are unlikely to happen, some pre-planning is worth it!
Why You Should Plan Your Valentine’s Day in Huntsville RIGHT NOW
Some very special events require the purchase of a ticket. To impress your Valentine’s sweetie, go ahead and take care of acquiring those tickets now.
Options for Saturday, February 10
- Bee Mine Valentine Breakfast @ Huntsville Botanical Garden, $10 – $12
- Saturday Scientist: I Heart Science: Bacteria & Germs @ U.S. Space & Rocket Center, included in admission
- Drop-In and Create Artful Heart Impressions @ Huntsville Museum of Art, free
- Mardi Gras Huntsville Grand Parade, Downtown Huntsville
- Letterpress Valentines Workshop! @ Green Pea Press at Lowe Mill A&E, $5
- ‘Fly Me to the Moon: Songs of Frank Sinatra’ by Huntsville Master Chorale, $30
- Dining in the Dark @ Grille 29, $40
- Mardi Gras Mystery Dinner Theatre @ Historic Lowry House, $50/couple
- Huntsville Havoc, 3 pm, VBC Propst Arena, Gold Tickets $28, General Admission $12
- UAH Hockey, 7 pm, VBC Propst Arena, Admission $6-$11
Options for Saturday, February 17
- Pour Your Heart Out @ U.S. Space & Rocket Center, $45
Ditch a Date & Hang Out With Friends
Who says Valentine’s Day has to revolve around a significant other? Read on if that applies, but remember that you can reclaim the day in the name of friends and fun too!
Trust us, it’s better with reservations. If the restaurant that you plan to take your partner to for Valentine’s dining offers reservations, then it’s recommended to make them at least a week in advance, if not more. Check out the Open Table app for convenience.
Florists are SO BUSY on Valentine’s Day, that your advance order is appreciated very much. Go ahead and order right now if you want to have flowers delivered or a special arrangement made.
On a Budget
Plan a hike or picnic in the park (depending on weather). Dining out can be cheap too… think Bandito Burrito, or find a new barbeque restaurant.
Misc. Things to Plan in Advance
Here are a few other things that are best planned in advance of the big weekend.
You know it’s true!
- Make any hair, nails, spa appointments.
- Want special sweets like Pizzelle’s? Order in advance.
- Need to reserve car service or a limo??
- Hotel reservations (why not!!)??
- Need to purchase any lingerie or other “fun” items for the weekend? Shop now.