It’s finally feeling like fall around here. To celebrate, we put together a few of our favorite things to do this time of year. We’re calling it our Fall Fun Guide and we approve this message.
Drink Local Fall Beer
Tis the season to pumpkin all the things! Here are 3 local beers to get you in a fall mood.
1. Blue Pants – Oktoberfest
2. Mad Malts – Pumpkin Madness
3. Rocket Republic – Steampumpkin
BONUS: Hit up Pro Bono Brews and find your new favorite beer. It’s Huntsville’s fall beer fest and if you’ve never been, this is the year to go.
Restaurants on Our Radar This Fall
We don’t know about you, but this time of year makes us crave cheesy dips, spicy entrees and soup. Here are a few of the restaurants that are intriguing us now that the weather is cooler.
1. Ales’ Kitchen – A new kid in town, we hear great things about Straight to Ale’s new restaurant.
2. Hildegard’s German Cuisine – Doesn’t everyone start craving German food when the temps drop? Schnitzel please!
4. Viet Huong – Any excuse for a large bowl of pho! Fall will do nicely.
Find Fresh Apples & Pick Your Pumpkins
We like pumpkins in all things, not just beer. We especially love riding out to the pumpkin patch perched on a bail of hay! And apples. Because fall.
1. Isom’s Orchard, Athens – apples, pumpkins, fall veggies and more
2. Tate Farms – pick your own pumpkin and grab a selfie at one of their fall backdrops
3. Lyon Family Farms, Taft, TN – pick your own pumpkin and check out a pig race
– Shows to watch
So we’ve covered beer, food and pumpkin-pickin’ hayrides. If you must celebrate Halloween during all of this consumption, check out our Halloween Guide here.
Insert your favorite event in between by visiting our calendar.