From OVE: You’re going to see this face a lot! This is Alicia, and she’s joining the Our Valley Events team. And we are SO EXCITED!!!!!! Here is her introduction, in her own words.
Just like a lot of Huntsvillians, I am a transplant. I moved here from Orlando after my dad got a job at Redstone Arsenal and I got accepted to the University of North Alabama (Roar Lions!).
After graduating in December 2012, my boyfriend, our cat, Pabst (yes like the beer. He’s a Blue Ribbon cat, I think), and I moved into our home in Five Points.
My first “big girl” job was at WHNT, where I spent 3 years and made a lot of awesome friends.
My boyfriend and I got engaged on Monte Sano on April 1, 2017. No, I never thought it was a joke but a lot of our friends and family did! We got married in May 2018 in New Orleans with our coifed corgi by our side.
Currently, I work part-time at the Huntsville Museum of Art as the Communications Associate and run socials for Jeff White Photography!
Fun Alicia Facts (aka too much information about me!):
- We have a corgi (Banjo), a cat (Pabst), and a Beta fish (Jean-Ralphio)
- We enjoy kayaking in the summer
- My not-so-secret dream is to do stand up comedy
- I’m a TV JUNKIE. My favorite all-time show is Parks and Rec and before the haters come at me, The Office is great too! I also love Peaky Blinders, Game of Thrones, Brooklyn 99, Schitt’s Creek, Community, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Handmaid’s Tale and The Good Place, just to name a few.
- I over-spice food to my husband’s liking but no-one else has ever complained. I make delicious Buffalo Chicken Dip.
- My favorite musician currently is Lizzo and if you don’t know her Google her song “Juice” #promoformygirl.
- One of my 2019 resolutions is to try one new activity or restaurant every month. For January, I tried Aerial Yoga at Light On Yoga Fitness. I’m open to suggestions about what to try next!
- I stopped my engagement mid-proposal because I had to got to the bathroom (I didn’t know it was a proposal at that time.)
- I talk very loud… and I’m sorry!
- My wedding dress reveal involved at New Orleans streetcar.