Lowe Mill ARTS & Entertainment is GROWING!
Now that the paint is dry, the windows have been re-glazed and new electrical is installed, the expansion of the community within Lowe Mill is ready for a public debut.
The north wing will house 31 new studios, a new gallery space, and Lowe Mill’s first dedicated art classroom.
The public will get their first chance to see it during the North Wing Grand Opening, Saturday, December 20, 2014 from noon – 6:00 pm.
Our Valley Events got a behind the scenes tour of the north wing and we are sharing it with you….because we know you like a sneak peek!
Here’s are list of the who will be in the new north wing space:
- Teri Hartman, Ceramics
- Huntsville Art League, Independent Business, Visual Arts
- Eric Schultz, Photography
- Mind Gear Labs, Independent Business
- Mary Ellen Davidson, Painting
- Carrie Alderfer, Mixed Media
- Sandra Lasater, Painting
- Jonny Scull, Painting
- Calvin Hubbard & Randy Harold, Ceramics
- Barbara Laughbaum, Painting
- Modern & Smart, Independent Business, Graphic Design
- Carol Roden, Glass
- Johanna Littleton, Painting
- Terri Shows, Painting
- Paula Dickerhoff, Mixed Media
- 2b Designs LLC, Independent Business, Architecture
- Stephanie Schamban, Photography
- Johhny Miller & Scott Birchfield, Photography
- Angela True, Mixed Media
- Love Huntsville, Mixed Media
- Pat Keefe, Independent Business, Sign Maker
- Tabatha Jarmulowicz, Mixed Media
- Cindy Wagner, Mixed Media
- Jessica & Chad Johnson, Painting
- Suzy Nauman, Culinary Arts
- Jeff Irons,Culinary Arts
We caught a few artists in action during our behind the scenes tour.
The excitement and anticipation was catchy and I can’t wait to go back and see the spaces after all of their hard work!
One brand new to Lowe Mill artist is Jonny Scull, a realistic oil painter. He was nice enough to let me interrupt his painting to take a picture!
Another new member of the community is 2b Design Studio, which offers full range of Architectural Services.
I also got to peek at some of Suzy Naumann’s equipment. Equipment that will soon be used to make Suzy’s Pops! “I’m super excited. I can’t wait to see the crowds in here,” Naumann said while we talked about her future counter and customer hang out space.
Turn Out to Support
Lowe Mill ARTS & Entertainment wants YOU to turn out on Saturday to support this expansion! According to Lowe Mill’s press release, Media Director Dustin Timbrook is quoted as saying, “This will be the biggest event we’ve ever hosted.”
“When we announced the expansion, the story was shared thousands of times on social media. Our goal is to give Huntsville an event that matches that excitement.”
I hope this sneak peek helps to generate that excitement!
Besides, we all have last minute Christmas shopping to do, and that’s an easy task to accomplish in America’s biggest privately-owned visual arts center complete with artist market!
See you Saturday!
When: Saturday, December 20, 2014
What Time: 12:00 – 6:00 pm
What: Open house activities, receptions, entertainment, and shopping