In case you didn’t recognize, those are the words of Clarence, the famous angel from the holiday classic It’s a Wonderful Life. If you’re like me, this is a movie you know and love. And it’s coming to Huntsville November 9th-17th thanks to Theatre Huntsville.
It’s a Wonderful Life is based on the 1946 movie directed by Frank Capra and starring James Stewart, Donna Reed and Lionel Barrymore. The story follows the timeless saga of George Bailey, an everyman whose dreams of escape and adventure have been quashed by family obligation and civic duty.
On a snowy Christmas Eve, Georges’s guardian angel Clarence arrives to remind him — by showing him what the world would have been like had he never been born — that his has been, after all, a wonderful life.
And for all you lovers of the movie, you won’t be disappointed in this stage adaptation. It includes all your favorite characters: George and Mary Hatch, Clarence, Uncle Billy, Violet, and, of course, the Scrooge-like villain, Mr. Potter, all portrayed by local actors.
“This show will be such a delightful treat for our audience, and that I am beyond lucky to have a such a talented, hardworking cast and crew!” director Gena Wilhite told me.
Plus we’re giving away tickets to the show! Enter below.
Cast and Crew
The cast of the production includes many veteran Theatre Huntsville performers, as well as many newcomers to our stage.
- George Bailey – Corbin Holland
- Clarence Odbody – Chuck Puckett
- Mr. Gower – David Nixon
- Young George – Hudson Haynsworth
- Harry Bailey – Shawn Buis
- Ma Bailey – Rhonda Hogan
- Aunt Tilly – Dottie Markell
- Violet – Colleen Samples
- Bert – Cliff Craig
- Ernie – Ron Marlar
- Uncle Billy – Doyle Myers
- Mary Hatch Bailey – Michelle Huguley
- Mr. Potter – Stan Evans
- Mr. Potter’s Goon – Dennis Lawhorn
- Mr. Potter’s Secretary – Michele Rymer
- Ma Hatch – Stephanie Hyatt
- Sam Wainwright – Allen Inman
- Miss Andrews – Kelley Copeland
- Mrs. Thompson – Angela Holland
- Mrs. Thompson’s children – Elora Holland, Jacob Holland, Henry Holland
- Mr. Martini – Trenton Lumpkin
- Mrs. Martini – LaBreesha Batey
- Mr. Carter – Jim Haynsworth
- Newspaper Boy – Nolan Corder
- Pete – PJ Tisler
- Tommy – Corbin Holland, Jr
- Zuzu – Ella Jackson
- Janie – Cheyenne Taylor
- Mr. Welch – Craig Walter
- Maid – Marcy Jackson
- Maid’s Daughter – Diamond Crutcher
The production is directed by Gena Wilhite, assisted by Samantha Musto. The production staff includes Technical Director/Scenic Designer Lynn Broad, Stage Manager Steven LaMar, Costumer Designer Stephanie Hyatt, Sound Designer Tripp Karrh, Lighting Designer Cynthia Meyer, Properties Manager Brenda Myers and Producer Leslie Bofill.
Theatre Huntsville is a non-Equity, non-profit community theatre dedicated to presenting quality productions for the enrichment of the community and is a member of the Alabama Conference of Theatre and the American Association of Community Theatres. Learn more about Theatre Huntsville by visiting their website, following them on Twitter or liking them on Facebook.
Dates and Times:
November 9, 10, 15, 16 & 17, 2012 at 7:30 p.m
November 11 & 17, 2012 at 2 p.m.
Location: VBC Playhouse
Cost: $18 for adults and $15 for seniors (65+), students, and active duty military
Purchase Tickets: Online here or by calling the box office at 256-536-0807 for group rates and handicap seating.