Skating in the Park is a Huntsville, AL winter favorite! An ice skating rink is set up behind the Huntsville Museum of Art during the holiday season in Downtown Huntsville. People come from all over to skate in the park, enjoy friends and family, and make new unique memories!
Skating in the Park Details
Now – January 12, 2020
West lawn of Huntsville Museum of Art in Downtown Huntsville, AL
Monday-Thursday – 4PM-9PM
Friday – 4PM-10PM
Saturday – 10AM-10PM
Sunday – 12PM-8PM
*check the Skating in the Park website/social accounts for special events and closings
Admission & Rental:
$15 Ages 10 & up
$10 Ages 9 and under
$13 Groups of 10 or more
$5 Scooter Rental
$5 Discount if you bring your own skates!
Ice Skating Tips:
If ice skating is not a normal occurrence for you, here are some tips for your trip to the rink:
- Tighten Up Those Laces – You’ll be less likely to fall if the skates fit snuggly around your ankles.
- Dress In Layers – An ice skating rink next to a frigid pond is a chilly place to be, but you may want to shed a layer after a few laps around the rink.
- Don’t Look Down – It’s tempting to look at your feet, but keep your head up so you don’t collide with any fellow skaters.
- Practice Stopping – Practice putting the brakes on, it’s less painful than crashing into the wall.
- Dress Appropriately – Your pants should be fitted enough that they don’t trip you up. Also, don’t forget to wear socks.