We are keeping up with all of the deals around Huntsville for furloughed workers.
Keep in mind that most require a form of ID or badge. If we missed one, let us know!
Furloughed Employees: Discounted Meals, Deals and Steals
Attractions & Businesses
Y Members affected by the government shutdown may request to have membership dues waived for the remainder of the furlough. Read more here.
- Burritt on the Mountain
Free admission for furloughed workers and immediate family.
- Huntsville Botanical Garden
Free admission for furloughed workers and immediate family including the family dog.
- Huntsville Museum of Art
Free admission for furloughed workers Tuesday – Friday, 10am – 5pm. This offer is not valid on weekends, during Museum events or during $5 After 5p Thursdays.
- Spirited Art
Free Furlough Friday to furloughed employees in need of art therapy. Max 12 participants. RSVPs required.
- Paul Mitchell School Huntsville
Free shampoo, haircut, and blow dry to furloughed employees
- Salt on the Rocks
50% off Salt sessions
- Harlem Globetrotters
The world famous Harlem Globetrotters announced today that the team is offering complimentary game tickets to any U.S. government employee currently on furlough. The VBC show is January 27, 3 pm.
Dining & Drinks
- Mezza Luna – 25% off for all furloughed employees
- Chick-Fil-A University Drive – 50% for all furloughed employees
- Farm Burger – #FurloughFridays includes a free chicken burger, fries and an iced tea to federal employees who show their valid Federal ID. Offering free meals to furloughed federal employees all day every Friday (while supplies last) until the government shutdown ends.
- Yellowhammer – Shutdown specials – Mon. – Fri., from 11am – 5pm, pints of Belgian White & Nussknacker as well as 12 oz pours of Hammerator and Double Midnight Special for $4.
- Mad Malts Brewing – $3.50 Pints on Friday in the Tap Room (for everyone!)
- Old Town Beer Exchange – Furlough-for-All at OTBX! Everyone who comes in on Wednesday’s 20% off beer and wine ALL DAY until the shutdown ends!
- The New Orleans Lunchbox Restaurant – 50% discount to all furloughed employees with proof of ID.
- Mangos Caribbean Cookhouse – 50% off the buffet with ID
- Furloughed Family meals: St. Stephens Episcopal Church, 8020 Whitesburg Dr. Tuesdays and Thursdays 5:30 – 7pm. Please call the church office to let them know how many people. Please leave a message if you call after hours. (256)881-7223