You know what makes me happy in life? Free stuff. I am just going to put that out there. Then if you combine free stuff with health and wellness, then I get really excited. So you can imagine when I heard that this year’s Huntsville/Madison County Chamber of Commerce was going to have a special Health and Wellness Showcase that I was beside myself with with joy. Tough guys have joy too, look it up.
Free, Free and more free
On Thursday November 8th at the Von Braun Center’s South Hall from Noon to 7pm, the Business Expo will be open to the public. Not only is it free to get in, but they will be giving you free stuff inside! It’s like you’re losing money by not going.
Here’s how: the vendors will be giving away free items, the Health Department will be doing free bone density tests (very important to know your bone density, especially for women), and the Chamber has some awesome giveaways they are doing.
Plus, you can purchase items from the vendors as well. This is a great time to stock up on Christmas gifts for that health nut in your family.
Business & Consumer Training
Another added bonus to this year’s Expo is free Consumer and Business Training. All of this training does not require a reservation, but seats are first come first serve. Get there early to avoid a nasty case of chair envy.
The Business Training classeswill be held in Ballroom 1. This year’s schedule is:
- 12:15-1:30pm: Social Media Works for Your Small Business with Tina Rochester with Rooster Tail Designs
- 1:45-2:30pm: Hiring, Interviewing, and Termination Tactics For Small Business by Samantha Brinkley with Rocket City HR, LLC
- 2:45-3:30pm: Separating the Myths: The True Story of Investing by Bobby Junkin with Junkin & Company, Inc
- 3:45-4:30pm: Grow Your Leadership Influence in 3 Simple Steps by Donnie Thompson with Thompson & Company
- 4:45-5:30pm: Preparing Your 2012 Tax Return for the Small Business: Tips from an Expert by Steve Kincer, with Kincer Business Group, Inc
- 5:45-6:30pm: Finally Achieving a Paperless Society: Let’s Go Green! by Ron Casto with CIMSgts
The Consumer Training classes will held in Ballroom 2. This years’ schedule is:
- 12:30-2pm: Moneywi$e Shopper: A Coupon Class by Kristan Stanton with Moneywi$e
- 2:15-3:45pm: Preparing a Resume For Success by Angela White with Randstad Staffing
- 4-5:30pm: Protect Yourself From Identity Theft and Fraud by Michele Mason with the Better Business Bureau
The Chamber will be doing a drawing for a Kindle Fire as well as (2) $100 Visa gift cards.
To be eligible to win these items from the Chamber you have to:
- Pick up a map (get your near the entrance)
- Get it stamped by at least 100 vendors (there are more than 200 vendors so I’m sure you can handle that)
- Fist bump 50 people
- Turn in your map with at least 100 stamps on it
Note– Step #3 has not been confirmed, but it’s probably a good idea to do that any way. It’s cold and flu season after all and shaking hands can be dangerous.
Date: Thursday, November 8, 2012
Location: VBC South Hall