Here are your 5 things to do this Memorial Day weekend!!
Rocket City Fair
@ Joe Davis Stadium, Thursday 5/25 – Monday 5/29
Includes a petting zoo with 200+ animals, a circus and magic show. Adult (12-up) – $7; Child (5-12) – $5; Infant/Toddler (4-Under) – Free.
Weekend of Music
- Startlingly Fresh Showcase Concerts on the Dock @ Lowe Mill A&E, Friday 5/26, 6 pm
- City Lights and Stars featuring Smokey’s Farmland Band @ Burritt on the Mountain, Friday 5/26, 7:30 pm
- Roscoe Dash @ Campus 805, Friday 5/26, 8 pm
- 21st Annual Old School & Blues Festival @ Huntsville Dragway, Saturday 5/27, 11 am
FREE Alabama Jubilee Hot Air Balloon Classic
@ Point Mallard Decatur, Saturday 5/27 – Sunday 5/28
Visitors are encouraged to come out for the day to see the balloons in action and are allowed to freely walk amongst the balloons. Lots of events, check the schedule for details.
FREE Yoga by the River
@ Hays Nature Preserve, Saturday 5/27, 9 am
Enjoy a relaxing morning of yoga taught by Katie Burrus beside the gentle waters of the Flint River in Hays Nature Preserve. All you have to bring is your yoga mat, water, and a towel!
Attractions Open on Memorial Day
- Burritt on the Mountain, 9 am – 5 pm
- Huntsville Botanical Gardens, 9 am – dusk
- U.S. Space & Rocket Center, 9 am – 5 pm
- Earlyworks Museum, 9 am – 5 pm