Here are your 5 things to do this awesome weekend. Enjoy!
Panoply Arts Festival
@ Big Spring Park, Friday 4/28 – Sunday 4/30
Panoply is a festival of art, music and more in downtown’s Big Spring Park. Presented by Arts Huntsville, Panoply features live performances, the Art Marketplace, STEAM interactives for all ages, beer and wine and much more! $10 per person at the gate, kids 12 and under are free. Read more about Panoply.
Fantasy Playhouse Children’s Theater Presents: Pinocchio
@ VBC Playhouse, Friday4/28 – Sunday 4/30, 5 performances
From the moment the wooden puppet Pinocchio comes to life until he becomes a real boy for rescuing his father from the great fish, the excitement never ends. Tickets are $15.
FREE 2nd Annual Cars, Concerts, and Craft Beer
@ Village of Providence, Saturday 4/29, noon – 10 pm
Cars, music, beer and food, free to enjoy. $10 registration fee for car show participants. Car show from 1 – 5 pm.
FREE Guided Hike Series Rainbow Mountain
@ Rainbow Mountain, Sunday 4/30, 2 pm
The April showers should bring waterfalls and wildflowers to Madison’s Rainbow Mountain. See famous Balance Rock! Snacks, water, and hiking sticks recommended. 2-3 hours, moderate to difficult hike.
See a Concert!!
Kool and the Gang presented by the Harris Home for Children, Thursday 4/27, VBC Propst Arena, 8pm
- STYX, Thursday 4/27, Mark C. Smith Concert Hall, 8 pm
- Lamont Landers Band, Friday 4/28, Lowe Mill A&E Concerts on the Dock, 6 pm
- Black Jacket Symphony: Fleetwood Mac’s Rumour, Saturday 4/29, Mark C. Smith Concert Hall, 7 pm
- Monica with Donell Jones & Case, Saturday 4/29, VBC Propst Arena, 8 pm
- Sister Hazel presented by The Huntsville, Decatur, Florence & Madison Professional Fire Fighters Associations, Sunday 4/30, VBC Propst Arena, 6:30 pm