Summer weekends are the best for a quick one-day getaway.
Cullman is an under-rated and quaint little town just an hour down the road. Some of our favorite things to do in Cullman are –
- Ava Maria Grotto
- Mae’s Food Hall
- Shopping in the antique stores
- Paddleboarding on Smith Lake
Chattanooga can be reached in just under 2 hours, but is chock full of fun to make the round trip worth it. While in Chattanooga, we like to –
- River Gallery Sculpture Garden
- Antique shopping at Knitting Mill Antiques
- Sip brews at Heaven & Ale or Terminal Brewhouse
- See the fishes at the Chattanooga Aquarium
You know where Nashville is. It doesn’t have to be a place you only visit because you bought tickets to something. Go and spend the day eating, exploring and shopping! Some of our fav spots are –
- Dinner at Pinewood Social
- Midtown shopping and bar hopping
- Drinks at Flying Saucer
Mentone, AL is a tiny town about an hour and a half from Huntsville, very close to the Georgia state line. You may have noticed Mentone if you take the “over-the-mountain” route to Atlanta. Check out –
- Desoto Falls
- The Wildflower Cafe
- Log Cabin Village Shops
Our favorite little town by the river, that’s less than an hour over the hill and around the bend! A fun way to spend the day in Guntersville includes –
- Go kayaking with UnPhiltered Kayaking
- Hit the taproom of Main Channel Brewing Company
- Try ziplining with Screaming Eagle Ziplines
Don’t feel like a road trip?
You can always check our calendar to see what’s happening right here in Huntsville!
- Our Valley Events answers the question “what is there to do?” by connecting people with activities in the Tennessee Valley, Huntsville and Madison County specifically.