It’s time to break out your red, white and blue and celebrate the 4th of July! To make planning a bit easier, we’ve gathered all the local events, celebrations and fireworks in one place. Here’s your guide to the 4th of July events 2014 in Huntsville AL.
Your guide to Huntsville AL 4th of July Events 2014
Celebrate American – A Patriotic Concert
Time: Saturday, June 28, 5 pm & 7 pm
Location: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 1804 Sparkman Drive NW
Cost: FREE, but reservations are required
The U.S. Army Materiel Command Band and a 100-voice choir join to pay tribute to America, narrated by special guests.
Time: Friday, June 27 at 7 pm, Saturday, June 28 at 3 pm, Sunday, June 29 at 11 am
Location: Whitesburg Baptist Church
Join Whitesburg Baptist Church in a patriotic celebration to honor those who have served our nation and present a message of freedom!
4th of July at the U.S. Space and Rocket Center
Details: Visit the U.S. Space & Rocket Center for Huntsville’s largest fireworks display and July 4th celebration! Bring the whole family and enjoy delicious food, patriotic entertainment, and breathtaking fireworks. Activities include:
- A kid’s zone with activities such as building paper rockets, a moon bounce, face painting and chalk art.
- Rocket Park activities (G-Force, Space Shot and Kids Cosmos) will be open at no additional charge.
- TOPPS and RamJet, the mascots at the USSRC, will be on-site for photos with the guests.
- The 274th Army Materiel Command Band will provide entertainment from 6-9 p.m.
Note: If you want to go early and enjoy the USSRC, kids 12 and under get in FREE all day (regular business hours) on July 4th!
Details: Before rockets glare and fireworks are in the air, declare your right to have some science fun with red, white and blue experiments and activities at the Sci-Quest Red, White and Fun Celebration. Learn why fireworks are different colors and make an explosive fireworks hat. See an eruption of patriotic foam in red, white and blue.
City of Madison Celebration and Fireworks
Time: 2-10 pm
Location: Dublin Memorial Park
Details: The Annual City of Madison July 4th Celebration will include fun for all ages! Children and Adults of all ages can enjoy sliding down the Giant Slide, Climb the Mountain or try to find their way through the 70 ft Obstacle Course. When you get too hot….take a splash down the the 62 ft Water Slide or sit underneath the giant Tent in the shade and listen to the great music provided by local bands. At 7:30 pm, Madison’s own recording Artist Cristina Lynn will take the stage! Food vendors will be onsite during the event. Plus a fireworks show at 9 pm.
Details: Join The Village of Providence for a 4th of July Celebration! There will be a FREE Music in the Park featuring the AMC Band Sonic Fusion, and one of North Alabama’s largest FREE fireworks shows just after sunset.
Spirit of America Festival
Details: This year’s Spirit of America Festival will begin at 8:15 with a 45 minute video presentation followed by the largest fireworks celebration ever seen in the city of Decatur, Alabama.
Time: Monday, June 30 through Saturday, July 5; 9 am – 4 pm daily
Location: The Historic Huntsville Depot, Museum and Roundhouse
Cost: Adults $12, Seniors (55+) and Youth (4-17) $10, Toddler (1-3) $5
Details: Children can enjoy playing dress up in historic dress and making a USA handprint wreath.
- U.S. Space and Rocket Center
- Spirit of America Festival
- City of Madison
- Huntsville Stars Baseball Game
- Village of Providence Park
- Laurie Heard is the founder of Our Valley Events where she tries her hardest to avoid blogging. When she isn’t glued to a computer screen, she enjoys reading finance books, cheering on the Mississippi State Bulldogs, and traveling. She currently lives in downtown Huntsville with her husband and two young daughters.