If you grew up in the South, you understand our regions traditional cooking. If you didn’t grow up in the South, our food can be hard to describe.
Either way, the dishes and restaurants below will hopefully remind you of your mama’s home cooking.
But, this list isn’t complete- it’s just our top 10. And we’re looking forward to any comments you might leave so we can add to it with more plates to try and places to visit.
You have to start somewhere. And when you get a hankering for some soul or southern food, start here.
The 10 Best Soul and Southern Dishes in Huntsville (& Where to Find Them)
1. Fried Chicken – G’s Country Kitchen
Address: 2501 Oakwood Ave NW #5, Huntsville, AL 35810
2. Fried Pork Chop – S&V Down Home Cooking
Address: 1407 Memorial Pkwy NW, Huntsville, AL 35801
3. Chicken & Dumplings (Season Menu Item) – Walton’s Southern Table
Address: 4901 Whitesburg Dr, Huntsville, AL 35802
4. Banana Pudding – Sacs Kitchen
Address: 6008 Mastin Lake Rd NE B, Huntsville, AL 35810
5. Mac & Cheese – Ruth Rose Tea Room
Address: 1047 Jeff Rd NW Suite 9, Huntsville, AL 35806
6. Strawberry Pretzel Salad – Main Street Cafe
Address: 101 Main St, Madison, AL 35758
7. Chicken Fried Steak – Blue Plate Cafe
Address: 7540 Memorial Pkwy SW Suite E. AND 3210 Governors Drive
8. Biscuits & Gravy – Edith Ann’s Taste of Home
Address: 11243 S Memorial Pkwy, Huntsville, AL 35803
9. Deviled Eggs – Lyn’s Gracious Goodness
Address: 2306 Whitesburg Dr, Huntsville, AL 35801
10. Hushpuppies –Old Greenbrier Restaurant
Address: 27028 Old Hwy 20, Madison, AL 35756
Y’all enjoy, now.