Ya’ll, it’s HOT outside. It’s barely June and we are ready to dive into a pool and float our cares away.
But finding a place to swim isn’t always an easy thing to do.
Do any of these scenarios apply to you?
- I don’t live in a neighborhood that has a pool.
- None of my friends have pools either (losers!).
- I’m not about to go splash around with the kids at the splash pad, but I need to swim! Like, now.
If so, this list is for you.
Indoor Public Pools
Stay out of the sun at these indoor public pools. Some have specific adult swim times too. Click any one for hours or operation and additional info.
Outdoor Public Pools
Did you know you can join a neighborhood pool even if you don’t live there?
A few to look in to:
- Jones Valley Recreational Association. Try it out with a summer pass.
- Chapman Pool. Multiple membership options are available.
- Mountain Springs Pool. It’s salt water!
Canoe and Kayak through North Alabama and nearby South Tennessee. It counts, right?
- Huntsville Outdoors
- Alabama Eco Adventures. Includes overnight adventures.
- UnPhiltered Kayaking. Explore a bat cave on a kayak!
- NACK – North Alabama Canoe & Kayak. Take a twilight float along the Flint River.
- Explore Lake Guntersville on a waverunner or with a boat rental.
Who says water parks are only for kids? Not us. You deserve a trip down the water slide just like anyone else. Do it!
Sometimes you REALLY want to go swimming!
Exercise in the Water
- University Fitness Center. Enjoy Aqua Boot Camp, Deep Water workouts and more!