The 4th annual Tinsel Trail opens tonight in Big Spring Park. And if you think you know what to expect from Tinsel Trail 2014, you are in for a surprise! With a new layout, more trees than ever before, and fun new events, it’s a must-see again and again this holiday season.
Guide to Tinsel Trail 2014
- Tinsel Trail Dates: November 28, 2014- January 4, 2015
- Tinsel Trail Hours: Closes at midnight
- Location: Big Spring Park
- Cost: FREE
New This Year: What to Expect from Tinsel Trail 2014
Tinsel Trail was founded by a volunteer organization known as the Downtown Forty-Seven. This year, Tinsel Trail is a fundraiser benefiting Downtown Huntsville, Inc. (DHI). The members of the former Downtown Forty-Seven are an important group of advisers to DHI and select members were actively involved as volunteers in getting Tinsel Trail up and running this year.
DHI is committed to carrying on the legacy of Tinsel Trail!
With DHI at the the helm, there are the new things you can expect from Tinsel Trail 2014!
- The layout has completely changed. Tinsel Trail now spans Big Spring Park from Monroe Street on the west side to the bridge behind Huntsville Utilities on the east side. The Trail is now 1/4 mile long!
- Tinsel Trail has more trees than ever before with a grand total of 215!
- Tinsel Trail is the brightest yet with the addition of the Huntsville Utilities marquee tree, which is also the tallest tree on the trail.
- The marquee trees bookend the trail, the other being the unique Jerry Damson Honda tree.
- Both sides of Big Spring Park are now filled with music from Lite 96.9. You can’t help but be filled with Christmas cheer!
How: Ways to Enjoy Tinsel Trail 2014
Each one of the 215 trees has been decorated by a business, non-profit, community group or family and each step of the Trail offers something new to see.
Visit Tinsel Trail 2014 at night to see the lights AND during the day to see the details.
There is no official start or end, so wander the entire Trail, take pictures and enjoy the music.
It’s FREE and lit up each night. Come back again and again and make it a part of your holiday traditions.
NEW Events: Tinsel Trail 2014 Keeps You Coming Back
Tinsel Trail officially opens on November 28 with a kick-off and ribbon cutting at 6:00 pm at Pane e Vino.
Other all NEW special events include – (Click each image to enlarge)
Tinsel Trail 2014 Dog Nights is a way to share a walk in the park with your favorite four-legged friend.
Tinsel Trail 2014 is throwing the tacky sweater party to end all tacky sweater parties! Enjoy live music from Denim Jawbones and food trucks!
Tinsel Trail’s official Christmas party! Cancelled
That’s a wrap as we celebrate the end of Tinsel Trail 2014.
Where: Tinsel Trail 2014 Location
Tinsel Trail is located in Big Spring Park and now spans both sides of the park with Church Street running down the middle. There is a cross-walk at the PNC Building (Cozy Cow) and the YMCA.
When crossing Church Street, cross only at the cross-walk, which has a red light to stop traffic when you push the cross-walk button.
- Metered street parking on: Williams Avenue and Church Street
- Parking garages at: Summit/PNC building (on Church St.), Von Braun Center (Monroe St).
Fun Nearby Tinsel Trail 2014
NOTE: Tag your photo of Tinsel Trail 2014 with #TinselTrail