Spring Break 2014 for the Huntsville Botanical Garden is getting covered in sand. As in 25 tons of sand-tastic sand!
All of that sand is going to be sculpted into a giant work of art by professional sand sculptors from the Sand Sculpture Company. This will be a one-of-a-kind custom piece just for the Botanical Garden. And it will be a nod to their upcoming exhibit “Alice’s Garden of Wonder”.
Watch the sculptors in action from March 22 – 30, 2014 during the Sand-tastic Work of Wonder event.
There are also sand themed events for children daily from 1:00 – 3:00 pm.
Check it out:
- Saturday, March 22, and March 29 – Build a Sand Castle
- Sunday, March 23, Ocean in a Bottle
- Monday, March 24, Dig for Shells & Dinosaurs
- Tuesday, March 25, Sand Mosaics
- Wednesday, March 26, Sandbox Fairy Garden
- Thursday, March 27, Sand Greeting Card
- Friday, March 28, Colored Sand Vases
- Sunday, March 30, Pirate Hook Ahoy
Spring Break 2014 at the Garden
Being able to watch the on-going progress of the sand sculpture and have something new and fun for the kids to do each day makes Huntsville Botanical Garden the place to be for Spring Break 2014.
It’s a unique and exciting event for Huntsville, but also a great way to enjoy the spring weather and fresh air. Lots of sand and sun are always a good idea!
Our Valley Events visited the Huntsville Botanical Garden on Friday, March 21, 2014 to get a preview of the sand sculpture. While were were there, Alice’s Garden of Wonder, coming in May, was taking shape too.
Want to learn more?
- Follow the Huntsville Botanical Garden on Twitter
- Like the Huntsville Botanical Garden on Facebook
- Visit the Huntsville Botanical Garden website
- Read more about the Huntsville Botanical Garden
Dates: March 22 – 30, 2014
Times: Garden hours
Cost: Included in Garden admission / membership. Admission is: $12 – adults, $8 – kids ages 3-18, Seniors (55+ )- $10, Military Personnel/ Student (with ID) – $10, kids 2 & under- free.
Never miss the events that matter! Sign up for our weekly newsletter to get
“5 Things to do This Weekend” in your inbox.