For many, the word “parade” signifies floats, firetrucks with city dignitaries or celebrities waving, marching bands and radio stations blaring their playlists. But to fellow REALTORS, builders and developers, “parade” means something very different…
Parade of Homes
Each year, the Huntsville/Madison County Builders Association coordinates a spectacular array of new construction homes of various prices and sizes as well as remodeled homes during the annual Parade of Homes.
This year’s event takes place over two weekends: Saturday and Sunday October 20-21 and Saturday and Sunday October 27-28, from 1-5pm each day.
The grand poo-bah of the entire weekend is the annual “Showcase Home.” This year’s home is located at 4700 Riverbank Circle and is currently under construction by Tim Reeves of Reeves Custom Homes. It is located in the Sanctuary at River Ridge neighborhood just east of the new Goldsmith-Schiffman Elementary School near Hampton Cove.
A Smart Plan
What is really cool about this year’s Showcase Home is that the floorplan is a great example of what today’s homebuilders are doing to give new homes all the spaces people have wanted in the past without feeling as if you’d have to invite Jock, Miss Ellie, Bobby, J.R. and their extended families to move in just to fill it.
(For anyone born after 1985, this is a reference to the Southfork estate in the tv series, Dallas, thankyouverymuch.)
The smart plan of this year’s showhome allows for multiple living spaces and a three car garage while still affording four bedrooms on the main level. Upstairs offers a spacious bonus room and loft for all of the miscellaneous needs that homeowners may have.
So far, 82 homes await your visits. Check it out and support your local builders, whether they build hundreds of homes a year or a few custom homes per year. The Parade of Homes offers a little bit of everything!
Tips for a Successful Parade
If you want to take in all 82 properties on the Parade of Homes, here are a few tips for you:
- Take snacks & water bottles with you. And PACE YOURSELVES: 82 homes is a marathon and anyone telling you otherwise is a bald-faced liar!
- Make a trip to the restroom first. Although some homes will be finished and offer hospitality, others are under construction with no running water (or flushing toilets)
- WEAR COMFORTABLE SHOES. I’ve been tromping in new construction for over 17 years, so trust me on this one. And Alabama red clay is RED
- Remember to take a map of the properties (click here for an East Madison County Map, click here for a West Madison County Map). Keep in mind, many of these streets didn’t exist a year ago, so GPS may not show them yet. Directions on the maps will help you and Parade homes should have good directional signage.
- If you’re seriously looking at ideas, take notes or photos, if allowed. You will forget details after about 5 houses.
- Have fun! And if you fall in love with something, call your REALTOR to buy it! Interest rates are hovering at 3% for 30 year fixed conventional loans. Doesn’t get much better than that!
October 20-21 from 1-5pm
October 27-28 from 1-5pm
Location: Homes throughout Madison County. Click here for an East Madison County Map, Click here for a West Madison County Map
Visit the Huntsville/Madison County Builders Association’s website
Like them on Facebook