Have you heard about the new Downtown Blue Bikes? Have you spotted one of the docking stations around Downtown?
When you see the new bike stations, consider trying out or becoming a part of Huntsville’s burgeoning bike share scene.
And with today’s official launch of the Downtown Blue Bikes, we’ve got 5 tips from Chad Emerson of Downtown Huntsville, Inc., so you know all of the blue bike perks!
What to Know About the Downtown Blue Bikes
1. Get an Annual Membership for 50% of regular price between March 8 and May 6 using the code “HuntsvilleZags”
2. You get a free hour! Your one-hour timing stops whenever you park your bike at a Zagster station. You can then immediately get a new one on the app and restart another free hour.
3. Bikes can be parked anywhere but the clock will keep running until they are returned to a Zagster station.
4. This is the first Zagster system in Alabama and one of the few that was entirely privately funded.
5. Huntsville is one of the first to get the Bluetooth lock technology. That means you can rent a bike and unlock it using the app on your phone (if Bluetooth is enabled) and never have to manually punch in code.
Check out the bikes and give them a try.