Putting the Green in Green U
With an event name like Green U, you’d expect one of two things: either festival devoted to people with an unusual obsession for the color green or an event centered around the popular green lifestyle. This weekend Green U 2013 explores the second option, green living, in a fun, family-friendly festival at the Huntsville Botanical Gardens.
But just how green is Green U 2013? Let’s take a look:
The Green U 2013 Festival is a day of learning, playing and talking about ways to begin or enhance living a green lifestyle.
Money. Probably everyone’s favorite green item. In this case, I’m talking about how much money it’ll take to get you in the event. And in the spirit of a green festival, you actually have 2 options to pay your way:
Option 1: Pay $5
Option 2: Bring 5 of the following recyclables to donate:
- Aluminum cans
- Plastic bottles with lids separated
- Computer electronic components
- Any part of the computer or any devices that plug into the wall such as lap top computers, wiring and accessories
- New or gently used cloth diaper
I doubt you could find a greener location than the Huntsville Botanical Garden. No matter what time of year, they always have something blooming!
One of the highlights of Green U 2013 are the classes, hands-on activities and demonstrations showing how to create a greener, more sustainable lifestyle. And remember this a family-friendly event, so bring the kiddos!
Here’s a peak at some of Saturday’s classes and demonstrations:
- New Developments in Solar Energy lead by the AL Solar Association
- Energy Efficient Home lead by Steve Guessman
- Organic Herbal Cooking by Tamara Huron
- Food Demonstration by Chef Will
- Canning Demonstration by Wendy Payne of Deep Roots of Alabama
- Performances by Steve Trash
For a complete Green U 2013 schedule, visit their website.
More Green u 2013
Want to learn more about Green U 2013?
Event Information: Green U 2013
Date: Saturday, August 24th
Location: Huntsville Botanical Garden
Cost: $5 or donation of 5 recyclables