At Athletic Club Alabama we are passionate about rock climbing! We are so excited about our recent partnership with Peregrine Climbing Guides that we thought we would throw a party to celebrate! So, what exactly is a Free Rock Climbing Party? As a Healthy Huntsville event, think free climbing, free climbing instruction, free child care and free food. Also think beer and wine. Though drinks are not free, we will be running some drink specials!
Join us on Monday, April 1st from 5-8pm. Yes, that’s April Fool’s Day, but this is no joke! You’ll be in for a fun night of climbing with our friends from Peregrine Climbing Guides and Alabama Outdoors. No pressure to join the club, just come hang out (literally) and meet new friends!
WHY CLIMB AT ATHLETIC CLUB ALABAMA
- As the largest indoor rock climbing area, we offer 6,000 square feet of climbing surface on 25 foot walls and a bouldering cave.
- Our very own America Mountain Guides Association Certified Single Pitch Instructor, Tim Maddox is on staff and available for private and semi private lessons.
- Train indoors to drastically improve your outdoor climbing skills in the comfort of the indoors. Clear skies and daylight not required.
- In addition to your rock wall membership, you can take advantage of group fitness classes that are guaranteed to improve your climbing endurance. TRX and Yoga classes are excellent for climbers. Check out our group fitness schedule.
- Think climbing is just for the outdoorsy types? Nope, you’ll find everyone from the UAH climbing class to rocket scientists to youth groups to endurance athletes cross-training for their next big event.
At Athletic Club Alabama, we are a health club with a social twist. We want you to come and see for yourself why. With two locations and countless unique amenities, there is truly something for everyone. And did we mention that both locations offer beer and wine? Our newly renovated and absolutely gorgeous south location features the indoor rock climbing wall, four racquetball courts, an array or cardio and weight equipment, a full group fitness schedule and a juice bar.
With plush leather couches and flat screen TVs, you’ll want to relax and grab a post-workout drink with friends. Our main location on Leeman Ferry is the epicenter for tennis in north Alabama. With 6 indoor tennis courts, 8 outdoor clay courts (with more on the way) and specialized tennis programs for adults, women and youth you can instantly see why. Check out our upcoming tennis camps and clinics. The Upstairs Café, which offers a full catering service, is also conveniently located at the main location.
- Visit the Athletic Club Alabama website
- Find the Athletic Club Alabama Facebook Page and the Athletic Club Alabama South Facebook Page
- Follow Athletic Club Alabama on Twitter
- Read about past Athletic Club Alabama events
Date: Monday, April 1, 2013.
Time: 5:00 – 8:00 PM
Location: Athletic Club Alabama South
Address: 2100 Members Drive Huntsville, AL 35802
RSVP: RSVP to the event on the Athletic Club Alabama South Facebook page
About the Author
Carrie Wilson is the Director of Marketing at Athletic Club Alabama. Interested in a tour, or maybe a corporate membership? She’s your girl! Other “titles” she holds include President of Team Rocket Tri Club, multiple marathoner, 50K Run Finisher and most recently Ironman and 50 Mile Run Finisher. Some know her as the Event Director for the Summer Sizzler Super Metric Century Bike Ride benefitting Family Services Center. Carrie represents Fleet Feet Sports on their Fleet Feet Tri Racing Team. In addition to swimming, biking and running, Carrie enjoys hiking, backpacking and kayaking and basically anything outdoors. As an outdoorsy chick, she visits Glacier National Park in northwest Montana every summer for extended backpacking trips.