This Thanksgiving, I am thankful for the huge (and ever growing) craft brewing industry here in Huntsville!
Selecting beer to serve at your Thanksgiving dinner can be tough, since this holiday blends subtle dishes with classics containing rich, complex flavors. Therefore, I hope this list will help you select some local brews to share at your family table this year.
Turkey & Dressing
- Straight to Ale Oktoberfest (available in bombers at Liquor Express, Wish You Were Beer, and many other craft beer retailers)
Cajun Fried Turkey & Spicy Stuffing
- The Brew Stooges Wise Guy Triple IPA (available on draft at Wagon Wheel Liquors in Owens Cross Roads).
Ham, Pork, Sausage, and other rich, savoy meats
- Yellowhammer Rebellion Red Ale (available in bottles at Wish You Were Beer)
- Blue Pants Amber Waders (lager) and Pinstripe Stout (both are available in bottles at Liquor Express, Wish You Were Beer, and many other craft beer retailers).
- Old Black Bear’s Cave City Lager (available in growlers at Liquor Express and Wish You Were Beer, as well as, in 6 pack bottles at Star Market, Publix, Kroger and Target).
- Rocket Republic Astronut Brown with sweet potato dishes as well as lighter sides like Mac & Cheese, hash brown casserole, etc. (available on draft at Wish You Were Beer).
- Yellowhammer Rebellion Red Ale with roasted vegetables (available in bottles at Wish You Were Beer).
- Old Black Bear’s Milepost 652 ESB (extra special bitter) with spicy dishes (available 6 pack bottles at Star Market, Publix, Kroger and Target).
- Straight to Ale Laika Bourbon (Russian Imperial Stout aged in bourbon barrels) – available in bombers at Liquor Express, Wish you were beer, and many other craft beer retailers.
- Salty Nut Brewery Darkness Stout (available on draft at Wish You Were Beer and Liquor Express).
- The Brew Stooges Yam I Am pairs well with pecan pie, pumpkin pie and Chocolate Covered Orange Slices (available on draft at Wish You Were Beer.)
Creme Brulee or Cheesecake
- Yellowhammer Rebellion Red Ale contains caramel notes that complement cream and vanilla flavors (available in bottles at Wish You Were Beer).
Locations to Purchase Craft Beer
Remember, beer selection is constantly changing at these craft beer retailers, so please call ahead to make sure they still have the beer you are seeking!
#1. Liquor Express
1802 University Drive
#2. Wish You Were Beer
7407 US Highway 72, Suite G
#3. Wagon Wheel Liquor
6846 Highway 431 S
Owens Cross Roads, AL