Calendar Event Upgrades
TO UPGRADE YOUR EVENT:
1. Enter your Submitter and Event Information Above
2. Click “Next”
3. Confirm your Event information then click “Submit”
4. Choose the appropriate information below and click to pay.
If you would like to upgrade more than one event, have an event series, or are interested in an ad package, contact us.
Event Submission Terms and Conditions: Our Valley Events basic event listings are free of charge. All listings are at the sole discretion of Our Valley Events (i.e., submitting a listing does not guarantee inclusion and events may be withdrawn at our discretion). Our Valley Events is designed to list activities and events which are of interest to a wide audience from throughout the community, or those activities and events which serve to promote the North Alabama area itself. This is interpreted to mean that an event should be of interest to a cross section of individuals, which goes beyond the organization’s membership, and is likely to attract a reasonably large group of participants. Our Valley Events does not list regularly scheduled religious or business events, yard sales, or events outside the Alabama Mountain Lakes region (16 counties in North Alabama). We also do not list recurring events that do not meaningfully change from week to week (i.e. karaoke, dance classes, etc) unless they are cultural events or benefit the general community as a whole. An event, generally speaking, is open to the public. Our Valley Events reserves the right to edit submissions for grammar, style, accuracy, and content.
The types of events that would be suitable for the Our Valley Events Calendar include:
- Major fund-raising events for non-profit organizations (Dinner Dances, Banquets, Carnivals, etc.)
- Significant Entertainment Events (Community Arts Concerts, Theatrical Productions, etc.)
- Significant Activities (Arts Festivals, etc.)
- Large Community Events important to scheduling
- Events or activities that our audience has deemed important (Farmers Markets, etc)
The types of events that would not be suitable might include the following:
- Yard and Garage Sales
- Weekly Bingo Sessions
- Recurring events that do not meaningfully change (Karaoke, Open Mike Night, Dance Classes, Fitness Classes, etc.)
- Small group activities (pizza sales, car washes, etc.)
- Support groups or meetings
- Events which would likely attract only those who are deeply involved with the organization; (monthly meetings, etc.)
- Business Open Houses, Grand Openings or Workshops
These guidelines are just that, guidelines, and are not meant to be an exhaustive list of what we do and do not include.
Please do not submit all information in ALL CAPS or with no Notes, only web links. This may cause your event entry approval to be delayed or even denied.